The anime industry is known to have an unusual fascination with the concept of virtual reality.
From old entries like Digimon or Ghost in The Shell to the latest success of Isekai series like Sword Art Online, or Overlord – a glance at the past, and you will see how much Japanese audiences are enthusiastic about getting transported into the VR world.
If you want to look at the VR headsets for PCs specifically, click here. If you’re a huge gamer and a fan of Skyrim, see here for an article you’ll love! If you don’t want to go into the hassle of buying a VR-compatible device, just see these top VR standalone headsets. If you’re really looking for high quality, you can see the best Oculus VR headsets. If you don’t have a VR device yet, you can buy a phone suitable for VR headsets here.
It has been a lifelong dream of anime fans to live in their favorite game or series.
VR is undoubtedly a very powerful source that gives us a realistic experience and lets us become a part of another world. If you are a true anime games fan, you can imagine how fascinating those stories would be in VR.
In this article, we will examine the current landscape of anime VR games and its scope in the future.
What are virtual reality anime games?
From Google Daydream to Oculus Rift – VR is receiving plenty of hype even in the world of anime gaming. VR-inspired games have developed quite a lot since the start of the 90s.
Videogames have become more appealing with great improvements in quality and overall storyline. VR games like Pistol Whip and Five Nights at Freddy’s are fun, and exhilarating at the same time.
Now the question is that what game genres provide the best experience in VR? The most common opinion in this regard is that all those game genres that require player involvement and physicality enhance the experience in the virtual world of anime.
These demands are met perfectly in the anime world. That is one reason why Japan is currently one of the biggest markets for VR gaming.
Almost every other day, we see launches of different VR games developed in Japan for Oculus Quest.
If you belong to the VR anime society, and looking forward to a quality gaming experience, you will need the following things to begin.
- It is an exceptional piece of VR technology that enables you to enjoy the best experience of the virtual world of anime. This head-mounted gadget allows users to mix with 3D environments. Moreover, you can also find plenty of information about oculus rift anime games on the internet. You can get the Oculus Rift on Amazon.
- It is also a VR headset that was introduced back in May 2019. The wireless headset is famous for the ‘Oculus Link’ feature that enables the quest to be linked with a computer through a USB. It is not only suitable for anime games, but you can also enjoy some of the best VR anime shows. You can get the Oculus Quest on Amazon.
- It is a feature-rich universal media player that supports all media types. You can now enjoy your media just the way you want. Pigasus also supports playback of 2D, 3D, and Surround 360 videos and images.
- It is a virtual reality application, that needs an HTC Vive or Oculus Rift to operate. Using the VR visualizer, you can easily watch anime VR videos.
It is basically a VR music sandbox that is specially built for room-scale VR. Whether you are only a gamer looking forward to rock the virtual world of anime or an expert DJ, Soundstage will help you in every way.
Also, Soundstage will help you to enhance your experience while watching VR anime shows.
How to play Anime VR Games?
When you have all the required gadgets, all you need to do is to find the right platforms to start enjoying the best gaming experience. There are many sources through which you can play some of the best anime VR games. Some of them are briefly discussed below.
Anime VR Games for PlayStation: Have a remarkable VR gaming experience with PlayStation VR games in a hyper-real 3D environment and with unbelievable clarity. All you must do is connect your PlayStation®VR to your PS4 console to enjoy PS VR games.
So, you can certainly play the most incredible anime VR games on your PS4. Some of those games are only available for PlayStation, for example, Blood and Truth, Firewall Zero Hout, and Astro Bot Rescue Mission.
Anime VR games for PC: The debate between PC and PS lovers have been going on for centuries. However, when it comes to VR gaming, it doesn’t matter from which category of people you belong.
There are plenty of free and paid anime VR games that you can play on your PC. Some of the best anime VR games are Blade & Soul, Battle Chef Brigade, Final Fantasy XIV, MapleStory 2, Perfect Beach VR, etc.
Anime VR games on android: The growth of virtual reality anime games is quite visible. Sadly, this development is rarely seen in the mobile VR space. After the end of Google Cardboard and Google Daydream, the only reliable mobile VR platform we have is Samsung Gear VR.
All you must have is a Cardboard Headset / Daydream View, and a compatible smartphone, and you are all set to play some really good games. Minecraft VR, Virtual Virtual Reality, Smash Hit VR, Battle Planet, etc. are some of the best anime VR games you can play with android.
Anime VR games on Steam: Steam VR is one of the most preferred platforms for virtual reality games. It implies that most VR headsets can run most of the Steam VR games.
Simply launch the Steam application, install the SteamVR app, connect the VR-supported headset, and wait for SteamVR to set up. After that, just head to the search bar, find the game of your choice and enjoy a brilliant experience.
The best thing about Steam is that the quality of games that are available on this platform is unparalleled. Some of the most famous SteamVR games are the Sword Master VR, Space Engine VR, Portal VR mod, the Golf Club VR, and Legend of Dungeon VR.
This list increased significantly, as many new anime VR games were released on Steam in 2022.
Upcoming VR Anime Games:
We have seen massive improvements in virtual reality anime games over the past few years. Some excellent anime VR games were released in 2022, but people are really excited about the releases coming up in 2022. Some upcoming VR anime games are as follows.
- After the Fall: The moment which everyone was waiting for is almost here, as After the Fall has decided to come out of the shadows. The VR anime society is going crazy for this zombie VR shooter game.
- Space Channel 5: If you are a fan of VR Dancing, then you must keep your eyes open for this one. It is one of the best VR games for girls.
- Sword Reverie: It is a JRPG-inspired VR action game that is expected to release in spring 2022. People can’t wait to be a part of a fantasy world and be an anime protagonist.
The rapid developments we have witnessed in this genre of gaming are astonishing. While there are many other reasons for this fast growth, the most obvious one is the ultra-realistic experience that people undergo during VR gaming, and watching anime VR videos.
Moreover, the best thing about VR anime games is that you can also play them with your girlfriend. Well, we understand if it is hard to believe because girls find no interest in gaming whatsoever.
However, just download VR games for girls, and then you might have to fight her to take back the headset, that is how addictive they are. So, buy a headset of your choice, and be a part of the global VR anime society.
If you liked this article, check out:
- Best VR Headsets for Beginners
- Play Games like Sword Art Online in VR
- Best VR Headsets for gaming
- Sims 4 Relationship Cheats
- Snake Game Cheats You Should Try - August 11, 2022
- 7 Best Gaming Headsets for People with Larger Heads - August 1, 2022
- How to Cast the Oculus Quest 2 to a TV - July 24, 2022