I hope you will agree with me when I say the following:
Virtual reality headsets will always be a game-changer for the gaming industry
After conducting hours of research, and collecting data we took it upon ourselves as our responsibility to bring you this list, along with some detailed guides present at the end of this article. These are meant to inform you about everything you may need to know, related to vr headsets, specs, reviews ad so much more. So if you are a beginner and want to get yourself your very first Vr, you have come to the right place! Now let us dive right into the best Vr headset for vrchat 2022.
If you want to look at the VR headsets for PCs specifically, click here. If you’re a huge gamer and a fan of Skyrim, see here for an article you’ll love! If you don’t want to go into the hassle of buying a VR-compatible device, just see these top VR standalone headsets. If you’re really looking for high quality, you can see the best Oculus VR headsets. If you don’t have a VR device yet, you can buy a phone suitable for VR headsets here.
Best VR Headsets for VRchat 2022:
Following is a list of the top-rated VR headsets available in the market for Vrchat.
|1. Oculus Rift||10/10 (Editors Choice)|
|2. Samsung Gear VR And Controller||9/10|
|3. MERGE VR Headset||8/10|
|4. Samsung Gear VR 2016||9/10|
|5. Oculus Go Standalone VR||9.5/10|
|6. Samsung Gear VR Innovator Edition||8/10|
|7. VR Shinecon 2.0||7/10|
|8. Oculus Quest 2 Elite Strap||9/10|
1. Oculus Rift
- Insight tracker system
- Best virtual reality headset on the market
- Touch controllers
|Cinema mode is available for media enthusiasts||Lack of pre-built accessories|
|A vast set of the gaming library||Basic motion tracking|
|Easy to set up and easy to use||Minimum USB ports for PS4|
2. Samsung Gear VR And Controller
- Compatible with almost every phone or device
- 360 seamless vr content
- watch movies, play games, and so much more!
|Award winning graphics||Only valid for Samsung users|
|User friendly||Customers tend to not receive their headsets remote|
|Ends up overheating|
3. MERGE VR Headset
- Compatible with almost every smartphone
- Adjustable lenses
|Compatible with almost every device||Poor picture quality|
|Customers have suggested to see blurry visions and out of focus Vr|
4. Samsung Gear VR 2016
- Compatible with almost every samsung phone
- Dedicated buttons for user-friendliness
- 360 Views
|User friendly||Not compatible with every phone|
|Affordable||Comes with incorrect materials/cables|
|Is not ergonomically made|
5. Oculus Go Standalone VR
- Ergonomically designed
- Built in audio system
- Wireless and portable to use
|Built in Surround sound system||Overheats|
|Wireless and high quality good||Not 4K display|
6. Samsung Gear VR Innovator Edition
- Includes everything you may ever need for your headsets
- Take 360 pictures, video and so much more
- Incomparable quality
|Cheap||Not compatible with other phones|
|Automatic sensor system|
7. VR Shinecon 2.0
- Provides zero discomfort
- 3D and 360 degree movement of vrchat gear
- Designed to be worn by people of all ages
|Adjustable headstrap||Focal lenses are too far|
|Ergonomic design||Does not come with a QR code|
8. Oculus Quest 2 Elite Strap
- Improve stability of your vr headset for vrchat
- Flexible and comfortable
- Made for Oculus quest and Vrchat
|Easy installation||Only fits the Oculus quest series|
|Snugly fits||Can get a broken headgear|
Simply make sure of what you are looking for in your headset. As every vr headset for vrchat is different, it is important to determine what exactly are you looking for. Are you looking for a gaming headset just for vrchat? Are you looking for a headset for every gaming experience across all platforms, be it your phone or consoles.
If you have a large budget to invest on headsets or small, it all adds to how and what kind of headset you are willing to buy. So once you have made sure what you want and are looking for, finding out the best headset from our list of the best shouldn’t be a problem!
Now that you have gotten all the information you may possibly require, along with reviews and specs information, to get yourself your very own vr headset for vrchat. What else are you waiting for? Get your hands on this virtual reality headset for a gaming experience in vrchat, for a lifetime. Making an investment of a life time as well!
Enjoy your vrchats experience to the fullest, but getting any of these headsets. Let our guides below help you in making your buying decision, and you should be good to know,filled to the brim with knowledge, from there!
And if you liked this informational article, if it made you buy a good product, then heres what you should do next. Read more of our articles! All curated by us, to fulfill your needs and demands. Fully research based articles, that aim to provide you with only the best of the best, so make sure to give them a glance:
What do you need for Vrchat?
The minimum requiremnts for one to play vrchat are as following. Go over them and ensure that you have them a your home, in order to fully be able to enjoy the experience of the game!
- Windows 7, windows 10 or windows 8.1
- 1 GB minimum available space on your laptop or phone
- Version 11 direct X should be present
- A 4 GB RAM, in order to ensure the game play runs smoothly and with speed
- Graphics that support more than AMD Radeon R9 290 or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
If your computer is unable to meet these minimum standards, then it is not possible to get the grand experience your headset and Vrchat promises you. The gear you play the game on, itself plays a huge role in the experience of your gaming. Thus, one should make it sure that they meet atleast the minimum requirements of the vr chat game, to be able to fully experience the glory and hype of the game.
Is Vrchat cross-platform?
As a matter of fact, yes it is! All you need to know for that is in order to set up a cross platform project on VRchat, you must use a duplicate project of the same kind and build a version of it. After this, you should upload it all to the same content ID, similar to the one used on Vrchat on your PC. And thus, you should be able to use VR chat cross platform!
Because the platform of this game is so huge, it was important to vrchat to make sure that not only is their application free but is also for cheap in headsets and all the while being available on cross platforms. Due to this, they have created a hub for both the platforms called VRChat and VRchat home. Whereby not quest and PC users are able to interact and communicate with users across the globe, easily!
How to Play Vrchat?
Upon joining Vr char, you have to join and log in. Here, you use your Vrchat account whereby you can make your own avatars and custom characters.
The next platform is movement in Vrchat! Here you can you use handy dandy vr headsets and their remote controllers to move your avatar forward, backward, and so on. Hence, in order to get the full teleportation of yourself into the game, it is important to get the best vr for vrchat.
Now in Vrchat, you can do almost anything! You can make friends online, find new people, interact and talk to them via your headphones in the headset or your vr. Moreover, you can message them too! Other than this, you should also be able to add friends and the best part is being able to visit different worlds in vrchat. Here you can go from one house to a whole other portal of your whole other world! Here you can travel anywhere with a click of your button.
Now if you are a total beginner, here are a few tips that could help you guide yourself to playing the game:
- Muting inhabitants: Now even though you may meet a lot of people, there may be some who you wish to not interact with at all. And the solution for that is to mute your chat. You can do this by opening the Quick Menu through the menu button on your left controller’s joystick. And can thus activate this mute by pointing your joystick at the specific player you wish to mute, and then hit select>mute.
- Stop broadcasting microphone audio: Now by default, the microphone audio of your headset is usually turned on by factory settings. So you can turn this off by going to the same Quick Menu and then going to the option called Microphone on the bottom right corner. Here you should be able to tweak with the microphone options, and thus be able to shut it or turn it on whenever you feel like doing so.
- Entering different worlds: As mentioned above, if you want to usher yourself to a new hub with new people you can easily do so, by going to the Quick Menu and then select Worlds. Here you can select your very own world and a portal will guide you to help you pick a place and choose your hub to travel, meet new people, make friends and so much more.
Is playing Vrchat without vr, possible?
Although the game itself is called VRchat, you would think that playing without the existence of a Vr headset would be impossible. And if you still haven’t found yourself the best vr for vrchat from our list, then no need to worry because you can enjoy the game for free too!
To play your game without using a vr headset, you must launch the application first on your computer. After which you should choose the option, Launch In Desktop (Non-VR) Mode. And then click play. And thus you will be able to play without using a headset for free. Although playing with a headset would be much more fun, a cheap headset should do the trick.
Even if its a cheap one, you should be thus able to at least chat with people through the microphone via the headset. And if you don’t get one, then you would be stuck being that one guy set up on mute, playing the game. Facing difficult trying to bond with other players in the game, who do have headgear and are able to play as well as interact.
In conclusion, if you do not have a vr headset for vrchat, you don’t need to worry. You will be still able to enjoy the essence of the game. However, if you want to relish the full game then getting the best headset for vrchat would be needed.
What are vrchat requirements
In order for you to fully absorb and be able to enjoy the experience of gaming in vrchat, you should get the following vrchat items and gear. They don’t cost a lot and should be available in your regular gaming household. These are minimum requirements that a computer should meet for the game vrchat to run and operate smoothly. So let us dive right into these vrchat specs:
Headsets that Vrchat directly supports are:
- HTC vive
- Oculus Rift S
- Oculus Quest
- Valve Index
- Oculus Quest Link
- Oculus Rift CV1
- HTC Vive Pro
- WMR Headsets
If you have already bought yourself a headset and that virtual reality set is not available in the list above then no need to worry about what vr headsets work with vrchat. Because as long as your headset works with StreamVR, then it should work with Vrchat as well.
As mentioned above, you must meet the following minimum PC requirements. So here are a few requirements that Vrchat suggests you should have to get the premium gaming experience:
- A Windows 10 system
- 8GB RAM
- Intel i5-6500 or greater
- AMD Radeon RX 580 or better
- Version 11 of the DirectX
- Your network should have a broadband connection of at least 25 or more megabits
- Lastly and most importantly, you should have 21.5GB storage. This is to ensure that you have 1.05GB for application purposes and the rest is for your games content cache.
Now that you are acknowledged of the guides needed to find about the best vr headsets for vr chat, then what are you waiting for? Get yourself your very own headset and vrchat gear, to your get yourself started with your gaming career, and make your gaming experience one like you have never had before. Let us get to gaming!
If you are interested in more VR guides, head over to our related posts:
Interested in Games like Sword Art Online? Check out our related article
- Snake Game Cheats You Should Try - August 11, 2022
- 7 Best Gaming Headsets for People with Larger Heads - August 1, 2022
- How to Cast the Oculus Quest 2 to a TV - July 24, 2022